The following are a list of support groups in the area:
• AA Bridge Group, 7 to 8:30 p.m. weekly, Hearts of Hope, 13 S. Seventh St., lower level, Geneva. Open to young people to share experience, strength and hope to quit drugs and alcohol. Information: 630-232-9210.
• Attempters of Suicide Support Group: 7 to 8:30 p.m. first Wednesday of the month, Suicide Prevention Services Inc., Stone Manor, 528 S. Batavia Ave., Batavia. Information: www.spsfv.org or 630-482-9696.
• Brain Tumor Resource and Support Group, 7:30 p.m. first and third Wednesdays of the month, LivingWell Cancer Resource Center, 1803 W. State St., Geneva. Open to men and women with benign or malignant brain tumor. Registration required at 630- 262-1111, Ext. 104.
• Coffee Talk, noon, Wednesdays, LivingWell Cancer Resource Center, 1803 W. State St., Geneva. Open to individuals with all types and stages of cancer. Refreshments served. Registration required at 630- 262-1111, Ext. 104.
• Connections Teen and Young Adult Brain Injury Support Group: 6 p.m., first Wednesday of the month, Marianjoy Hospital, 26W171 Roosevelt Road, Wheaton. No meeting in January. Information: Amy Grant, 630-909-6154.
• Good Grief, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, LivingWell Cancer Resource Center, 1803 W. State St., Geneva. Open to anyone who has lost a loved one to cancer. Registration required at 630-262-1111.
• Nicotine Anonymous, 7:30 p.m., Congregational Church, Fourth and Hamilton streets, Geneva. This group is a fellowship of men and women helping each other quit smoking. Information: Jim Larson, 630-232-9266.
• Pathways, Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice, 200 Whitfield Drive, Geneva. Free. Registration required: 630-232-2233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Single Moms Support Group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., a local church in Geneva. For mothers of infants through pre-adolescents. Offers educational and supportive opportunities to help diminish stress, manage multiple demands and improve parenting skills. Free childcare provided. Information: TriCity Family Services, 630-232-1070.
• Addiction/Codependency Recovery, 7 to 9 p.m., ELEEO Ministries, meeting at Assembly of God Christian Center, 3450 Swenson Ave., St. Charles. Christ-centered Beatitude/12-step based program where problems associated with various addictions and obsessive/compulsive behavior patterns are addressed. Information: 630-584-0460.
• Anything Goes ...: 6:30 to 8 p.m. first Thursday, Conley Farm, 47W085 Main Street Road, Kaneville. Open to teens in high school who have lost a loved one to spend time with peers. Free dinner provided. Information and registration: 630-365-2880.
• Emotions Anonymous, 7:30 p.m., Geneva Lutheran Church, 301 S. Third St., Geneva. Twelve-step program for emotional problems such as depression, anxiety, abnormal fears, etc. For women only. Information: Rosemary, 630-587-3950 or www.emotionsanonymous.org.
• Family to Family Support Group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., first Thursday of the month, American Legion Building, 8 N. Second St., St. Charles. Information: 630-896-6264.
• I’m Too Young for This! Young Adult Networking Group, 7 p.m., first Thursday of the month, LivingWell Cancer Resource Center, 1803 W. State St., Geneva. Open to ages 17-35 who have or have had cancer. Registration required. Registration and information: 630-262-1111.
• Mourning After, Elburn and Countryside Community Center, 525 Main St., Room 10, Elburn. The self-help group is for young widows and widowers to explore the emotional and practical aspects of grief and day-to-day living. Free. Registration requested. Information: Conley Outreach, 630-365-2880.
• National Alliance for the Mentally Ill-Kane County – Family to Family Support Group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., first Thursday of the month, Congregational United Church of Christ, 40W451 Fox Mill Blvd., off LaFox Road south of Route 64, St. Charles. Information: 630-584-7481 or www.namidkk.org.
• Weaver’s Circle, provides a way for those ages 60 and older to begin to reconnect social relationships. Monthly meetings take place at local restaurants. Information: Fox Valley Hospice, 630-232-2233.
• Women’s Enrichment Group, 7 to 9:30 p.m., Tri-City Family Services, 1120 Randall Court, Geneva. Women interested in pursuing goals of self-development and growth will benefit from the support and feedback of other members on issues such as assertiveness, self-esteem and stress management. Information: 630-232-1070.
• Young Adult Grief Journey: Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice, 200 Whitfield Drive, Geneva. Open to adults ages 18 to 28 who have experienced the loss of a loved one or friend to learn about normal grief and share feelings of loss with others who have had similar experiences. Free. Registration required at 630-232-2233 or email@example.com.
• Celebrate Recovery, 7 to 9 p.m. every Friday, Christ Community Church, Randall and Bolcum roads, St. Charles. The Christian 12-step program is designed to help participants overcome hurts, habits and hang-ups. Issues include co-dependency and sexual and chemical addictions. Information or registration: Kaye, 630-485-3346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Help for the Divorced, St. John Neumann Church, 2900 E. Main St., St. Charles. Guests invited. Information: St. John Neumann Church, 630-377-2797.
• LifeSupport Substance Abuse, 6:30 p.m., New Beginnings Fellowship, 613 N. Van Buren St., Batavia. Information: Tom DeVore, 630-675-5040.
• Mothers First, 10 to 11:45 a.m. second and fourth Fridays, Christ Community Church, St. Charles. Sponsored by Delnor-Community Hospital, the support group for mothers of infants and young children offers a place to share insights and experiences, exchange information and discuss the parent’s role. Information: 630-377-6165.
The following are a list of support groups in the area: