Court won’t be in session. School will be out. Trash won’t be picked up.
The major winter storm that is expected to continue today will shut down nearly all local and county municipal offices, as well as libraries, schools and activities.
Even those who on Tuesday had plans to open today decided against it – the City of Batavia offices and the Town and Country Library in Elburn had been scheduled to open on a delayed basis, but both will be closed.
Kane County courts will be closed, Chief Judge F. Keith Brown announced that matters scheduled for today will be continued to Feb. 16 or another date agreed upon by the parties affected.
A news release issued by the Village of Sugar Grove summed up the message shared by most: “All indications are that the current weather event is expected to continue well into Wednesday and possibly Thursday is not being exaggerated and may be the worst since 1979 ... The conditions are expected to be extremely dangerous.”
Below are closings and elays that have been reported:
• Aurora University classes will be canceled. Administrative offices will be closed. Day classes will be canceled. All athletic events are canceled. Evening classes, after 5 p.m., will proceed as scheduled, as of now.
• The City of Batavia offices are closed.
• Batavia School District has canceled all activities.
• The Batavia Public Library is closed.
• The Village of Campton Hills rescheduled its meeting scheduled for Tuesday until Thursday. The office is closed.
• The Early Childhood Center in Batavia will be closed.
• Elgin Community College will remain closed all day. All events and all locations are canceled.
• The Fox Valley Park District offices and facilities will be closed all day. All programs and activities are canceled.
• Geneva city offices are closed.
• Geneva School District schools will be closed.
• The City of Geneva has been informed that Allied Waste will be closed. Trash pickup will be delayed by one day.
• The Geneva Public Library will be closed.
• The Kane County assessment office will be closed. All board of review hearings will be rescheduled for Feb. 18 at the same time.
• Kane County government offices are closed, except for emergency and public safety-related business.
• The Kane County State's attorney's office will remain closed Wednesday. Assistant state's attorneys will be available in cases of emergency or public safety-related business.
• All Kane County courts will be closed. All matters scheduled will be continued to Feb. 16 or another date agreed upon by the parties.
• Kaneland School District has canceled all activities.
• The Maple Park Public Library will be closed.
• The City of St. Charles offices will be closed.
• St. Charles School District schools will be closed
• The St. Charles Public Library will be closed.
• St. Patrick Catholic School is closed. The activities planned for the school's spirit week for today have been canceled.
• All Sugar Grove administrative offices are closed.
• The Sugar Grove Library is closed.
• In Sugar Grove, Waste Management trash pickup and recycling will be suspended. Wednesday pickups will be serviced on Thursday.
• Town and Country Library is closed.
• The West Aurora School District has also announced all district schools will be closed Wednesday.
If you would like to report a closing, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of all Chicago-area closing, please visit www.emergencyclosingcenter.com/complete.html