GENEVA – The Geneva Chamber of Commerence announced the entertainment lineup for its 63rd annual Swedish Days Festival, set to run from June 19-24 in downtown Geneva.
"We’ve brought back some favorites and invited some special newcomers to continue our tradition of quality entertainers for all types of music lovers,” said Jean Gaines, president of the Geneva Chamber of Commerce, in a news release. “The Central Stage line up this year is once again great – everyone will get a chance to enjoy different types of musical entertainment throughout the week.”
• 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 19 – Mike & Joe, a four-piece cover band, will perform alternative and rock music from the 1990s through today.
• 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 20 – The semifinalists from "Geneva's Got Talent" will perform.
• 8 p.m. Wednesday, June 20 – ABBA Salute, an ABBA tribute band fronted by two ladies and backed by a group of musicians, will perform.
• 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 21 – The Moods, a singing group consisting of four guys dedicated to the art of harmony and choreography, will perform Motown hits. The band has been recording and performing since 1995.
• 4 p.m. Friday, June 22 – Shealeigh, Radio Disney's Season Four "Next Big Thing" winner from Bartlett, will perform a show hosted by Radio Disney AM-1300. The Disney road crew will provide interactive entertainment and prizes from 4-5:30 p.m. Shealeigh will take the stage at 5:30 p.m. and will offer a meet and greet session after the concert.
• 8 p.m. Friday, June 22 – 7th Heaven, a band that srtated in 1985 and has played to audiences throughout Illinois and neighboring states, will perform. The group recently opened for Bon Jovi for the rock band's Chicago concert dates.
• 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 23 – The "Geneva's Got Talent" finalists will perform.
• 8 p.m. Saturday, June 23 – Hi Infidelity, a cover band voted Best Cover Band for six consecutive years by Suburban NiteLife Magazine, will play music of all types, but mostly 1980s rock.
All evening concerts will be held at the Central Stage, at South Third and James streets.
Fstival brochures will be available in May at the Geneva Chamber office, 8 S. Third St., in Geneva or by visiting www.genevachamber.com.