St. Charles East grad to lead homecoming parade
ST. CHARLES – Lt. Bill Diamond, an East High School alumnus who is serving in the Marines, will lead the school’s homecoming parade in downtown St. Charles today.
The parade is set to begin at 1 p.m. on Illinois Street.
These street closures will be in effect from 12:45 until about 1:45 p.m.:
• Illinois Street between Seventh Street and Third Avenue.
• Second Street will be closed as the parade crosses Second Street and travels east.
A detour route for Second Street will be posted using West Main, Seventh and Prairie streets. Trucks using Second Street will be routed to Randall Road.
Parking will be restricted on the detour and parade routes as well as at the parade staging areas. These are the affected areas:
• South Second and Third avenues.
• South Sixth Street between Main and Indiana streets.
• Walnut Street between Seventh and Fifth streets.
Motorists are urged to use care and watch for pedestrians.
Police and emergency management personnel will provide traffic assistance at key intersections.
Motorists are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes and be mindful of the temporary parking restrictions.
Traffic delays might be lengthy.