Digital Access

Digital Access
Access kcchronicle.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Want to make sure you receive the latest local news? We’ve got you covered! Get the best in local news, sports, community events, with focus on what’s coming up for the weekend. Weekly mail subscription offers

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, prep sports, weather, and more. Text alerts are a free service from Kane County Chronicle, but text rates may apply.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Sign up for free email alerts. We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox.
Local

Fire causes $5,000 in damage to St. Charles home

ST. CHARLES – Authorities have determined that a candle was the cause of a fire that started at St. Charles home Thursday afternoon.



Firefighters were called to the 1900 block of Jeanette Avenue at 3:21 p.m. for a report of a fire on the second floor of the home, according to a news release. The fire was discovered by the occupant, who was able to exit the home safely and call 911. There were no injuries.



The fire, located at the top of the second floor staircase, was extinguished in about five minutes. Firefighters determined that the cause of the fire was from a candle that had been knocked over. The loss is estimated at about $5,000 and the home remains habitable, according to the release.



The Batavia and Geneva fire departments assisted the St. Charles Fire Department.

Loading more