Jim Oberweis of Sugar Grove was sworn in as the Illinois state senator for the 25th District during inaugural ceremonies Jan. 9 in the Senate Chambers. Illinois Supreme Court Justice Mary Jane Theis administered the oath of office to Oberweis and his Senate colleagues as the Illinois General Assembly convened its 98th biennial session.
Oberweis sworn in
More Bulletin Board News
- Hatcher news release: Hatcher applauds House passage of 'balanced”' concealed carry legislation
- Topinka news release: Tax revenue up, but bill triage continues
- Keith Farnam news release: Legislation paving way for Elgin Community College expansion passes Senate
- Roskam news release: Ways and Means GOP raise questions on HHS soliciting donations
- Foster cosponsors legislation to strengthen background checks