No injuries in Delnor kitchen fire

GENEVA – No one was injured in a small grease fire at a cafeteria kitchen at Delnor Hospital in Geneva about 6:30 p.m. Friday, a spokesman said.

Christopher King, spokesman for Cadence, the health care system that operates Delnor Hospital, said patients were not affected and there was no damage. He said the fire was contained to the kitchen area of the hospital's cafeteria, and the fire was extinguished before firefighters arrived.

"It was extinguished right away," King said. "There was no damage, no issues. The cafeteria is closed cleaned, and we expect it to reopen in the morning. There is no one hurt."

King said the Geneva Fire Department helped with ventilation.

Geneva fire officials were not available to comment.

Copyright © 2016 Northwest Herald. All rights reserved.