Schwab: Mooseheart has month to gain eligibility
One month before the postseason begins for boys basketball teams in classes 1A and 2A, Mooseheart’s postseason fate remains unclear.
In December, the IHSA Board of Directors voted that South Sudanese transfers Akim Nyang, Makur Puou and Mangisto Deng would be eligible to continue playing with the Red Ramblers, but placed the program on probation, pending the completion of several requirements that include completing a compliance plan to more closely conform with IHSA recruiting bylaws.
Mooseheart’s attempt to meet the IHSA’s conditions remain in progress, Mooseheart interim executive director Gary Urwiler said Friday. Urwiler declined to provide specifics of where the school’s efforts stand, but last month, former executive director and new CEO of Mooseheart International Scott Hart said the school would do whatever necessary to restore the team’s eligibility for the postseason.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com