48°FFog/MistFull Forecast
2017 Kane County Chronicle Best of the Fox

Services offered to county
crime victims, witnesses

Published: Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013 5:30 a.m. CDT

ST. CHARLES – The St. Charles Police Department reminds residents about services available to victims and witnesses of crimes.

• The Kane County Victim’s Rights Unit provides information about how cases will proceed through the court system. Call the Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office at 630-232-3500 to contact members of the unit.

• The Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office can help victims of domestic violence obtain an order of protection. Call 630-232-3500 and ask for the Domestic Violence Victim Services Division.

• Assistance also is available through the Community Crisis Center at 847-697-2380 or Mutual Ground at 630-897-0080.

• Prairie State Legal Services provides assistance and legal advice to victims. Call 630-232-9415.

• The Illinois Attorney General’s Office provides information pertaining to the Illinois Crime Victim’s Compensation Program. The program provides financial assistance to eligible victims and families of those who have been killed or injured as a result of a criminal act. Call 1-800-228-3368.

Services available to victims also are available on the city’s website, Victim/witness brochures are available in the police department lobby, 211 N. Riverside Ave. Call 630-377-4435 for information.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Kane County Chronicle.