• Christopher Jay Olson, 48, of the 300 block of North First Street, Geneva, was charged Thursday, Jan. 24, with driving under the influence of alcohol.
• Mikah J. Ellis, 25, of the 0-100 block of South Jackson Street, Batavia, was charged Sunday, Jan. 27, with public intoxication.
• Antonia Flores-Carlos, 27, of the 34W900 block of North James Drive, St. Charles, was charged Saturday, Jan. 19, with driving with a suspended license and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident after a rear-end collision on Foxfield Drive at Kirk Road.
• Aaron M. Studer, 22, of the 3N400 block of Hickory Knoll Lane, West Chicago, was charged Monday, Jan. 21, with misdemeanor reckless conduct after accidentally discharging a friend’s Glock 19 handgun in a home in the 500 block of Monroe Avenue. The round reportedly went through a bedroom wall and damaged a glass door across the street. Studer told police he believed the gun was unloaded and offered to pay for the damage. Because he was “extremely honest and apologetic” and didn’t act with a malicious motive, authorities decided to charge him with a misdemeanor and not a felony.
• A 2011 Atlas trailer was reportedly broken into between 12:30 and 12:42 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23, in the 3500 block of Stern Avenue. Nothing was reported stolen. Video surveillance showed someone in a white Honda Civic attempted to break into another trailer nearby.
• A box containing video games, hair products and other items was reported stolen Thursday, Jan. 24, from a mailbox in the 100 block of Kensington Place.