Sugar Grove police reports
• Police responded Jan. 31 to a home in the 1100 block of Red Bud Lane to a report of a residential burglary. Police said they discovered a door to the home had been either kicked in or pried open. They found several rooms in the home “ransacked.” Police did not say how many items were taken from the home.
• Peter Loehrke, 40, of the 700 block of South Fifth Street, St. Charles, was charged Feb. 1 with driving with a revoked license, operating an uninsured vehicle, speeding (65 mph in a 45 mph zone), illegal transportation of alcohol and possession of marijuana.
• A woman, 30, of the 200 block of Maple Street, Sugar Grove, told police Feb. 2 that someone had illegally entered her home and took cash she had kept in a can in her bedroom.
• A woman, 66, of the 1900 block of Chesterfield, Aurora, told police on Feb. 4 her checking account had been improperly used to pay for $1,400 of day care at a private preschool in Sugar Grove between April 13 and May 30. The account also had been used to make unauthorized purchases on the Internet.
• A man, 24, of the 2900 block of Vinan Drive, Melrose Park, told police Feb. 4 that someone had stolen his 2002 Land Rover after he had left the vehicle at an address in the 600 block of Heartland Drive, Sugar Grove, with a man, of Stone Park, to be repaired. Police said the Melrose Park man had also given the Stone Park man $800 to perform the work.
• A man, 45, of the 9900 block of Lawrence Court, Schiller Park, told police Feb. 4 that a man, of Stone Park, had disappeared after accepting $3,900 from the Schiller Park man to purchase parts and repair a semi-trailer owned by the Schiller Park man, and left at an address in the 600 block of Heartland Drive, Sugar Grove.
• Mark Jaeger, 49, of the 300 block of Congdon Lane, Elgin, was arrested Feb. 5 on a Winnebago County warrant for failure to appear in court. He also was charged with driving while his license was suspended, operating an uninsured vehicle and operating a vehicle with suspended registration.
• Maxwell Taylor, 18, of the 400 block of Walnut Street, Yorkville, was cited Feb. 9 for possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana.
• A man, 47, of the 100 block of West Street, Sugar Grove, told police Feb. 10 that someone had fraudulently filed a federal income tax return using his Social Security number.