Kane County Flea Market kicks off 2013 season this weekend
ST. CHARLES – The Kane County Flea Market’s first show to kick off the season is this weekend. The flea market will take place from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 S. Randall Road, St. Charles.
Admission costs $5 for adults, and children 12 years old and younger will be admitted free of charge.
Dealers will display and sell antiques and collectibles such as jewelry, furniture, books and more. The event will take place indoors and outdoors.
Here are a few tips to planning out a trip to the flea market, according to the Kane County Flea Market website.
• Plan on starting the day early and staying late.
• Figure out the items you may want to buy. Those interested in purchasing furniture should measure the space a piece of furniture will fit in the home. Attendees should bring measuring tape as well.
• Decide who to bring as a shopping buddy. Two sets of eyes to find a bargain are better than one.
• Ask at the gate for directions to the office so you can get a map to plan the day.
• Wear comfortable shoes and clothes and be ready for any sort of weather. There are dealers outside under sheds and inside no matter what the weather.
• Bring cash to shop, because not all dealers accept credit cards or checks. There is an ATM at the fairgrounds and also near banks by the Randall Road entrance.
• Feel free to bargain on the price with dealers. Try asking, “Can you do any better on the price?” Bargaining is part of the fun at the flea market. Although, you may not always get a better price, it doesn’t hurt to ask.
• There is a country breakfast served in the main kitchen of the fairgrounds on Sunday morning before 10 a.m. Lunch is also available for purchase.
• If you like something buy it right away, because it may not be there when you walk back in a few hours.
• Most dealers will hold a purchase after a customer has paid for it. Dealers will stamp your hand and let you drive in to pick up the items.
• Make sure you have enough room in your car for what you plan to buy. It also might be worth while to bring ropes to secure items and blankets for padding.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com