Mostly Cloudy
68°FMostly CloudyFull Forecast

Fire department called to minor incident at St. Charles gym

Published: Friday, March 8, 2013 3:29 p.m. CDT • Updated: Friday, March 8, 2013 3:59 p.m. CDT

ST. CHARLES – A St. Charles gym was evacuated Friday morning after a burned up motor filled an aerobics room with smoke, acting St. Charles Fire Chief Joe Schelstreet said.

Units from the St. Charles Fire Department responded to XSport Fitness, 238 N. Randall Road, at 10:10 a.m., he said. The motor in question was in an HVAC unit on the roof, he said.

He described the incident as minor.

"There's damage but no structure damage," Schelstreet said, noting the building also lost power due to a tripped main power breaker.

The incident was handled in about 45 minutes, he said.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Kane County Chronicle.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all Kane County Chronicle instances for analytics purposes.

Karen Jensen talks about the Fox Valley Folk Fest.

More videos »