ST. CHARLES – A St. Charles gym was evacuated Friday morning after a burned up motor filled an aerobics room with smoke, acting St. Charles Fire Chief Joe Schelstreet said.
Units from the St. Charles Fire Department responded to XSport Fitness, 238 N. Randall Road, at 10:10 a.m., he said. The motor in question was in an HVAC unit on the roof, he said.
He described the incident as minor.
"There's damage but no structure damage," Schelstreet said, noting the building also lost power due to a tripped main power breaker.
The incident was handled in about 45 minutes, he said.