Digital Access

Digital Access
Access kcchronicle.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Want to make sure you receive the latest local news? We’ve got you covered! Get the best in local news, sports, community events, with focus on what’s coming up for the weekend. Weekly mail subscription offers

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, prep sports, weather, and more. Text alerts are a free service from Kane County Chronicle, but text rates may apply.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Sign up for free email alerts. We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox.
Local

Fire officials called to minor incident at St. Charles gym

ST. CHARLES – A St. Charles gym was evacuated Friday after a burned-up motor filled an aerobics room with smoke, acting St. Charles Fire Chief Joe Schelstreet said.

Units from the St. Charles Fire Department responded to XSport Fitness, 238 N. Randall Road, at 10:10 a.m., he said. The motor in question was in an HVAC unit on the roof.

He described the incident as minor.

“There’s damage but no structure damage,” said Schelstreet, noting the building also lost power because of a tripped main power breaker.

The incident was handled in about 45 minutes, he said.

Loading more