• Science show set for Sunday at Fermilab BATAVIA – A Wonders of Science Show is set for 1 p.m. Sunday, April 14, in the Ramsey Auditorium in Wilson Hall at Fermilab, which is at Kirk Road and Pine Street in Batavia.
The show is a fast-paced demonstration of scientific concepts, geared toward children. The show will be presented by a group of high school teachers.
The cost is $4 a person. For information, visit ed.fnal.gov/events/wos.
• Spring Fling Family Fun Night set for April 20 MAPLE PARK – The Maple Park Fun Fest Committee is hosting a Spring Fling Family Fun Night from 6 to 9 p.m. April 20, at the Maple Park Firehouse, 305 S. County Line Road, Maple Park. There will be dancing, entertainment and food.
Games, activities, and Minute-To-Win-It challenges will be held throughout the night for the chance to win prizes. Music and entertainment will be provided by DJ Vibe.
The cost is $5 per family, which includes a hot dog meal. Donations will be accepted at the event. For information, visit www.MapleParkFunFest.com.
• Collie Rescue to host craft, vendor fair AURORA – Collie Rescue of Greater Illinois has planned its second annual craft and vendor fair – the Collie Craft and Vendor Corral – from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., April 20, at the Vaughan Community Center, 2121 W. Indian Trail, Aurora.
There will be more than 75 exhibitors and a bake sale. Collies will also be present at the event. For information, visit www.collierescue.org.
• Park district to host kite-flying in the park ST. CHARLES – The St. Charles Park District has planned a kite-flying event from noon to 2 p.m. April 20, at Mount St. Mary Park, which is off Prairie State, east of Route 31.
Advance registration is required for the free event, and can be done at www.stcparks.org.
• Garage sale to raise funds for teen center ST. CHARLES – The St. Charles Community Garage Sale, a fundraiser for the STC Underground teen center, will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 19 and 20.
Information is available online at www.stcunderground.com.
To learn more, call 630-513-4380.