The Kane County Treasurer’s Office has announced that taxpayers’ 2012 property tax bills, payable 2013, will be mailed out on or before May 1.
The first installment will be due June 3, and the second will be due Sept. 3.
Kane County Clerk Jack Cunningham has reported that the net taxable valuation for Kane County is $12,675,662,085, with a total real estate tax extension of $1,201,694,093.98.
Starting April 25, residents may visit www.KaneCountyTreasurer.org to view current tax information and print out duplicate bills. Also available on the site is a list of all unclaimed funds held by the treasurer’s office.
Taxpayers can make payments by:
• Mailing the payment with coupon to the treasurer’s office, in the envelope provided.
• Making the payment with coupon at any one of the designated banks within Kane County.
• Making the payment with coupon from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays) in the treasurer’s office.
• Dropping the payment with coupon in the property tax drop box, which is available 24 hours a day. The drop box is behind Building A at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia Ave., Geneva.
• Credit card or e-check over the Internet. Note that there are convenience fees for both of these services.
To learn more, call the treasurer’s office at 630-232-3565.