Tri-Cities runners boasted six of the top 10 finishes at Saturday's Ozzie's Home Run & Walk 5K, which started and ended on the Fifth Third Bank Ballpark field.
"That was actually a pretty cool way to do the start and finish," said winner Dan Craychee, a St. Charles resident. "I've never done a race like that before."
Craychee, 30, registered the top time in 19:07.7. High school classmate Denise Hefferin – a former St. Charles East coach and St. Charles High athlete – was the women's winner, running 20:38.4.
Here's a look at other Tri-Cities runners in the Top 10 at the second annual event:
2. Adam Sibernagel, Batavia, 19:19.2
4. Eric Wedow, Batavia, 19:50.1
6. Robert Liking, St. Charles, 21:02.4
10. Caitlyn Cambell, St. Charles, 22:10.5
Full results are available here.
– Kevin Druley, firstname.lastname@example.org