ST. CHARLES – The city of St. Charles on Tuesday announced the names of the 13 people who want to serve the two years left of the 3rd Ward term Mayor Ray Rogina once held.
Rogina was elected mayor in April.
“It is a terrific testament to our community that so many candidates have come forward to serve in our local government in this capacity,” Rogina said in a news release.
The following are the candidates:
• Charles A. Amenta II – Works as a financial representative at Northwestern Mutual and serves on the Reneaux Manor Homeowners Association Board.
• Todd A. Bancroft – Works for Draper and Kramer Inc. as chief administrative officer, senior vice president and general counsel.
• Douglas W. Eden – Volunteers at the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
Previously, he was director of security, sales and marketing for Perfect Plastic Printing in St. Charles.
• Robert Gehm – Has more than 30 years of business experience in accounting, finance and project management.
• Curt Henningson – Serves on the city’s Plan and Housing commissions.
He has a real estate firm in St. Charles and provides brokerage and consulting services to builders, developers and lenders.
• L. Michael Henriksen – Has more than 20 years of experience in the technology industry and is national director of a Fortune 500 company.
He previously served as president of Kingswood Homeowners Association and was a candidate for 3rd Ward alderman in the 2011 election.
• Dianne E. Kellett – Volunteers for the St. Charles Mothers Club and as a Lincoln School Very Important Parent.
She is an owner of Think Driven Inc. auto care facility and Pick a Do Inc. bookkeeping and errand service.
• Robert Kling – Teaches at Bartlett High School.
He also was vice president of a family-owned home construction company and a partner in the venture that opened the restaurant 18 North on North 3rd Street in downtown St. Charles.
• Brian LaVolpe – A licensed journeyman plumber and contractor with 21 years of experience.
He is an owner and operator of Plumb-Crazy Plumbing in St. Charles.
• Ellie McLoone – Owner of Treasure Broker LLC, a retail vintage and antique furniture shop in downtown St. Charles.
She is a president of the Wild Wood Homeowners Association and a member of the St. Charles Moose and Downtown St. Charles Partnership.
• Laurie Milbourn – Founder and director of Going to My Happy Place Yoga Studio. She serves on the Kiwanis Board of Directors and has held board and volunteer positions with several other local organizations, including the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce, River Corridor Foundation and Downtown St. Charles Partnership.
• Mario VanDerHeyden – Works as an inbound transportation manager at Medline Industries Inc. and was a candidate for 3rd Ward alderman in 2013.
• Carolyn M. W. Waibel – Has been active in the Parent Teacher Organizations for Ferson Creek and Lincoln elementary schools.
She was most recently employed at Paychex Inc. as a sales consultant.
According to the release, Rogina – along with 1st Ward Alderman Dan Stellato, 3rd Ward Alderman Bill Turner and City Administrator Brian Townsend – will review candidate credentials and select three finalists.
The finalists are expected to be interviewed by the full St. Charles City Council in executive session, potentially on June 10, according to the release.
Final candidate selection is set for June 17.
“At the conclusion of the process, the 3rd Ward will be well represented by one of the candidates,” Rogina said in the release.