St. Charles police reports
• A customer at Walmart, 150 Smith Road, St. Charles, reported she left her $350 iPhone at a self-checkout lane, and it was gone when she returned for it 10 minutes later Wednesday, Aug. 7. Security video reportedly shows a man putting it in his pocket. He was described as black and 5-foot-10 to 6-foot-2 with a slim build and short black hair. He wore a dark navy or black tank top, black or navy gym shorts and black tennis shoes with socks.
• Mobil, 1023 W. Main St., St. Charles, reported Wednesday, Aug. 7, that a gas pump had been vandalized with graffiti.
• AT&T Wireless, 917 S. Randall Road, St. Charles, reported Tuesday, Aug. 6, that a $650 Samsung Galaxy cellphone was stolen. The suspect was a black man in his early to mid-20s, 6-foot-2 to 6-foot-4 with a heavy build – about 260 to 270 pounds – and brown hair. He reportedly had crooked teeth and wore a blue T-shirt, blue jeans and a flat-brimmed ball cap.
• Graffiti was reported Monday, Aug. 5, on the Fox River’s west side retaining wall in the 0-100 block of South First Street in St. Charles.
• Joseph Charles Kimmer, 48, of the 100 block of Westhaven Circle, Geneva, was charged Thursday, Aug. 8, with driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding and driving without insurance.
• William D. Lang, 20, of the 1400 block of Myrtle Park, Schaumburg, was charged Thursday, Aug. 8, with improper lane use, driving under the influence of alcohol, obstructing identification, driving with a suspended license, driving without insurance and underage drinking. He also was given a warning for driving with a loud muffler.
• Michael E. Walsh, 19, of the 1800 block of Oriole Drive, Elk Grove Village, was charged Thursday, Aug. 8, with possession of marijuana.