BATAVIA – Throughout the summer, a large sign outside of Batavia High School teased passersby with “Something BIG is about to happen at BATV.Stay Tuned!” The look of BATV is changing with the launch of a new website as part of its re-branding efforts. The new, easier-to-navigate website is www.MyBatv.com.
BATV station manager Holly Deitchman said the new brand better reflects the mission and vision of the public access television station going forward. Among the BATV programming:
• “Out on the Town” is a monthly show hosted byJeff Matter and Joi Cuartero. It spotlights recreation and entertainment in Batavia and the surrounding communities and premiered in February 2013.
• “Viewpoint” is an in-depth, roundtable discussion of a "hot" topic in the community. Hosted by Kathy Gresey, editor of the Kane County Chronicle, the first episode premiered in July 2013.
• “It's New to Me!” is a studio highlight show with segments from the Batavia Park District, the city of Batavia, and the Batavia School District; aswell as other sports and community clips. This show premiered in August 2013.
• “I Didn't Know That!” will be a “how-to" show. The hosts will visit local businesses to learnabout a specific process, product, or service. Look for this show on BATV in 2014.
• “The Local Shopper” will feature local businesses. Also coming in 2014, the program will encourage consumers to shoplocal first.
For information, call 630-937-5413 or email email@example.com. Interact with BATV on its Facebook page: www.facebook.com/batv1017.