West Aurora School District 129 will dismiss students early today because of expected high temperatures and humidity.
Most of the district’s elementary schools are not air-conditioned along with two middle schools. In addition, only half of West Aurora High School is air-conditioned.
Schools will be dismissed according to the following schedule:
• 10:40 a.m. – West Aurora High School (practices will be held immediately after this early dismissal time)
• 11 a.m. – Todd Early Childhood Center and no afternoon preschool
• 11 a.m. – Hope Wall preschool and no afternoon preschool
• 11:20 a.m. – Elementary schools and Hope Wall School
• Noon – Middle schools (no after-school athletic practices or events)
No lunches will be served to students today. Special Education Private Placement students will be on their regular schedule, they do not have an early release.
The evening Success Academy at West High will remain on its regular schedule. Sack lunches will be provided.
The district will monitor the weather for the remainder of the week in case additional early release days are needed to protect the health and safety of students and staff.
For information, visit the district’s website at www.sd129.org.