West Aurora School Dist. 129 will once again release students early on Wednesday because of expected high temperatures and humidity.
Students were released early on Tuesday as well.
Most of the district’s schools are not air conditioned and have accumulated heat from the past two days that is not expected to dissipate because of warm overnight temperatures, according to a school district press release.
Schools will be dismissed according to the following schedule:
• 10:40 a.m. – West Aurora High school (practices will be held immediately after this early dismissal time).
• 11 a.m. – Todd Early Childhood Center and no afternoon pre-school
• 11 a.m. – Hope Wall pre-school and no afternoon pre-school.
• 11:20 a.m. – Elementary schools and Hope Wall School.
• Noon – Middle schools (no after-school athletic practices or events).