AURORA – West Aurora School District 129 once again will release students early today because of expected high temperatures and humidity.
Most of the district’s schools are not air conditioned and have accumulated heat from the past four days that is not expected to dissipate because of warm overnight temperatures, according to a district news release.
Schools will be dismissed according to the following schedule:
• 10:40 a.m. – West Aurora High School. Practices will be held immediately after this early dismissal time. Friday evening football games will occur as scheduled.
• 11 a.m. – Todd Early Childhood Center and no afternoon preschool.
• 11 a.m. – Hope Wall preschool and no afternoon preschool.
• 11:20 a.m. – Elementary schools and Hope Wall School.
• Noon – Middle schools. There will be no after-school athletic practices or events.
No lunches will be served to students today.
Special Education Private Placement students will be on their regular schedule. The evening Success Academy at West High will remain on its regular schedule. Sack lunches will be provided.
The district administration considers the early releases this week as interrupted days and does not believe they need to be made up later in the school year.
Check the district’s website, www.sd129.org, for additional information.