West Aurora School District 129 will release students early Tuesday because of expected high temperatures and humidity. Most of the district’s schools are not air-conditioned.
Schools will be dismissed according to the following schedule:
• 10:40 a.m. – high school (t he high school will meet periods 4, 5, 6 and 7. Practices will be held immediately after this early dismissal time.)
• 11 a.m. – Todd Early Childhood Center and no afternoon preschool.
• 11 a.m. – Hope Wall preschool and no afternoon preschool
• 11:20 a.m. – Elementary schools and Hope Wall School.
• Noon – Middle schools. There will be no after school athletic practices or events.
No lunches will be served to students. Special Education Private Placement students will be on their regular schedule, and they will not have an early release. The evening Success Academy at West High will remain on its regular schedule, and sack lunches will be provided.
Check the school district's website, www.sd129.org, for additional information.
• Note to readers – a line referencing "Batavia High School" has been edited out of this story.