ST. CHARLES – The St. Charles Public Library, 1 S. Sixth Ave., St. Charles, is offering a series of free college prep workshops for high school students beginning in October.
The workshops are as follows:
• 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2 – Presentation by Julie Nelson, regional recruitment director for Xavier University, about the college admissions process, including campus visits, application tips, financial assistance and finding the right school.
• 9:15 to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, and Saturday, Nov. 2 – ACT practice tests.
• 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10 – Professional writer and ACT writing specialist Jordan Catapano will discuss writing the perfect application essay.
• 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12 – Catapano will discuss ways to perfect the ACT writing assessment.
• 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5 – Peg Hendershot from College Vision will guide students through the steps needed for a successful college major selection and career planning.
Registration is required for all workshops. Sign up in person at the Reference Desk or by phone at 630-584-0076 ext. 1.
Visit www.stcharleslibrary.org for information.