Geneva trick-or-treating hours set
GENEVA – Trick-or-treating hours are set for 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31, in Geneva, and youths will have other opportunities to participate in the holiday tradition in the city.
From 2 to 5 p.m. Oct. 31, downtown businesses will offer free treats to children. And there will be a trick-or-treating opportunity from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at the Geneva Commons, which is off Randall Road, south of Route 38.
In a news release, the Geneva Police Department offers safety tips for those who will be taking part:
• Wear light-colored clothing or some type of reflective material for better visibility.
• Ensure costumes fit and are worn in a manner that prevents tripping.
• If children wear masks, make sure they can see clearly and their visibility is not obstructed.
• Small children should always be accompanied by an adult.
• Go out in the daylight when possible and carry a flashlight for use if out after dark.
• Only give and accept wrapped candy.
• Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
• Carrying hard props such as swords and daggers should be substituted with soft foam rubber items.
• Stay within familiar neighborhoods.
• Watch for traffic.