To the Editor:
Feeling like our school community could use some love, here are the top 10 reasons I am proud to be a Richmond Intermediate School parent:
1. My kids go to a diverse school that reflects the real world.
2. My kids get 40 extra minutes of instruction every day.
3. Richmond teachers are pioneers in challenge-based learning.
4. If my child’s reading falls below grade level, he can get 120 minutes extra reading instruction each week.
5. Richmond teachers give up weeks of their summer for professional development. They are some of the most highly trained teachers around.
6. I have learned about different cultures and come to appreciate them. (Did you know that Mother’s Day in Mexico is almost a whole week long?)
7. Richmond teachers volunteer the extra 40 minutes a day. Their day is longer than any other elementary teacher in the district with no extra pay.
8. My children have the opportunity to learn Spanish through the foreign language in the elementary school program. And there is a choice of French.
9. Richmond teachers are committed to differentiation – notice a theme here? Richmond teachers are amazing!
10. Richmond encourages my children to take risks and challenges their learning.
Thanks for taking the time to read my list!