No injuries in fire at Elburn home

Published: Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013 5:30 a.m. CDT

ELBURN – No one was injured in an Elburn home that caught fire Thursday afternoon, fire officials said.

Tate Haley, assistant fire chief with the Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District, said firefighters were called to 224 E. Nebraska St. at 3:20 p.m. and fought the fire for about 40 minutes before it was extinguished.

He said the homeowners were not in the house, and two dogs managed to escape from the house without injury.

The fire started “in the front room and living room area of the house and worked its way up to the attic,” he said.

Haley did not have an estimate of damage caused by the fire.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Kane County Chronicle.