BATAVIA – Six Batavia businesses will be honored as 2013 Ole Award winners on Jan. 31 at the Batavia Chamber of Commerce Inspire 2014 event.
The Ole Award is an award started in 1976 by a group to promote the city of Batavia.
The awards are given to businesses for a significant improvement and investment, either for new construction or for remodeling in Batavia.
The honorees and the appropriate category for their award are:
• Remodeling-Industrial, large: Pamarco Global Graphics, 125 Flinn St.
• Remodeling-Industrial, small: Moss Funeral Home, 1803 Suncast Lane.
• Remodeling-Commercial, large: ArtVan Furniture, 165 N. Randall Road.
• Remodeling-Commercial, small: O’Sole Mio, 27 N. River St.
• New Construction, commercial large: Walmart, 801 N. Randall Road.
• New Construction- commercial small: Chick-fil-A, 185 N. Randall Road.
The Holmstad, a Covenant Retirement Community, 700 W. Fabyan Parkway, will receive a special award.
“Inspire 2014, A Celebration of Those Who Inspire Us!” will be at 6 p.m. Jan. 31.
The Commons Auditorium at The Holmstad, 700 W. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia, is the location.
The presentation of the Citizen of the Year and Ole Award winners will follow a social reception and silent auction.
Those interested can buy tickets, at a cost of $35 each, by Jan. 27. Online purchasing is available at www.bataviachamber.org/programs, or call the chamber office at 630-879-7134.
The price includes a selection of appetizers.
Cocktail attire is suggested.
Also new is an after-event party at Aliano’s Ristorante, 90 N. Island Ave., Batavia.
For information about the event or the awards, call Roger Breisch, executive director of Batavia Chamber of Commerce, or his assistant, Lynn at 630-879-7134.