Electrical fire causes no damage to Batavia's Panera Bread

Published: Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014 10:36 p.m. CDT • Updated: Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014 7:48 a.m. CDT

BATAVIA - Firefighters Tuesday night responded to a small electrical fire at Panera Bread in downtown Batavia.

No one was injured in the fire. Firefighters arrived at the building at 154 W. Wilson St. at 7:04 p.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a small electrical fire in back of the store that had been extinguished prior to their arrival by an employee with a fire extinguisher, according to a press release from the Batavia Fire Department. The fire caused no damage to the building and minimal smoke damage, the release stated.

Kane County Health department were notified to coordinate the cleanup of the business, the release stated.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all Kane County Chronicle instances for analytics purposes.

Jan Schlictmann at a Geneva law firm.

More videos »