Batavia Panera reopens for business after electrical fire

Published: Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014 5:30 a.m. CDT

BATAVIA – Panera Bread in downtown Batavia reopened for business Wednesday after an electrical fire that took place Tuesday night.

A manager at the restaurant Wednesday said it was “business as usual.” No one was injured in the fire. Firefighters arrived at the building at 154 W. Wilson St. at 7:04 p.m. The restaurant was closed on Tuesday after the fire.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a small electrical fire in back of the store that had been extinguished by an employee with a fire extinguisher, according to a news release from the Batavia Fire Department. The fire caused no damage to the building and minimal smoke damage, the release stated.

The Kane County Health Department was notified to coordinate the cleanup of the business, the release stated.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Kane County Chronicle.