42°FOvercastFull Forecast
2017 Kane County Chronicle Best of the Fox

Where to get help

Published: Saturday, March 1, 2014 5:30 a.m. CDT • Updated: Friday, March 28, 2014 2:16 p.m. CDT

• National Eating Disorders Association: For treatment referrals, visit www.MyNEDA.org or call the live help line at 800-931-2237.

• TriCity Family Services: For family-based treatment of anorexia, also known as the Maudsley Approach, call 630-232-1070 or visit www.tricityfamilyservices.org/FBT.html. The facility is located at 1120 Randall Court in Geneva.

• National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders: For treatment facility and support group information, visit www.anad.org or call the help line at 630-577-1330. Email inquiries to anadhelp@anad.org.

• F.E.A.S.T.: For a 24/7 online forum and support group for parents of those suffering from an eating disorder, visit members.feast-ed.org.

• Cadence Behavioral Health: Located at 964 N. 5th Ave., St. Charles. For behavioral health services, call 630-933-4000. (By appointment only)

• StillWaters Behavioral Health: Located at 3140 W. Main St. in St. Charles. Call 630-216-9050 or visit www.stillwatershealth.com.

• For more information about the Maudsley Approach or FBT, visit train2treat4ed.com/fbt-for-anorexia-nervosa or www.maudsleyparents.org.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Kane County Chronicle.