Digital Access

Digital Access
Access kcchronicle.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Want to make sure you receive the latest local news? We’ve got you covered! Get the best in local news, sports, community events, with focus on what’s coming up for the weekend. Weekly mail subscription offers

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, prep sports, weather, and more. Text alerts are a free service from Kane County Chronicle, but text rates may apply.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Sign up for free email alerts. We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox.
Local

Clothes dryer blamed for St. Charles townhouse fire

ST. CHARLES – Lack of maintenance of a clothes dryer was blamed for a fire on Wednesday night that firefighters said caused $30,000 damage to a townhouse at 851 Pheasant Trail in St. Charles, according to a news release issued by the St. Charles Fire Department.

According to the release, there were no injuries to firefighters or the occupants.

Firefighters said they responded at 9:03 p.m. Wednesday to the report of a fire. They arrived at 9:09 p.m. and found the first in a second-floor utility room. Firefighters said they were able to stop the fire before it extended to the rest of the townhouse and had it extinguished in about 20 minutes.

The home's occupant was inside at the time of the fire, according to the release, but she was able to leave and call 911.

Firefighters said there was $30,000 worth of damage to the structure and contents. Geneva, Batavia and West Chicago firefighters assisted at the scene, and the Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District provided coverage while the St. Charles firefighters were at the scene.

Loading more