Digital Access

Digital Access
Access kcchronicle.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Want to make sure you receive the latest local news? We’ve got you covered! Get the best in local news, sports, community events, with focus on what’s coming up for the weekend. Weekly mail subscription offers

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, prep sports, weather, and more. Text alerts are a free service from Kane County Chronicle, but text rates may apply.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Sign up for free email alerts. We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox.
Local

Stove fire causes $150,000 damage to St. Charles home

ST. CHARLES – Combustible materials left on a stove sparked a fire that caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to a home at 1723 Howard St. early Sunday morning.

No one was injured in the fire. All five occupants were able to escape safely, according to a press release from the St. Charles Fire Department. One of the residents called 911 upon exiting the house.

Firefighters arrived at the scene at 4:37 a.m. and found a fire in the kitchen. The fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes and firefighters were successful in stopping the fire before it spread to the rest of the house.

Damage is estimated at $100,000 to the house and $50,000 to its contents. St. Charles firefighters were assisted by Batavia, Geneva and South Elgin fire departments.

The Elburn Fire Department provided coverage while St. Charles firefighters were fighting the fire.

Loading more