50°FFog/MistFull Forecast
2017 Kane County Chronicle Best of the Fox

Services available to victims or witnesses of crimes

Published: Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:50 p.m. CDT

ST. CHARLES – The St. Charles Police Department is reminding citizens about the services available for victims and witnesses of crime.

• The Kane County Victim’s Rights Unit provides information about how cases will proceed through the court system. Call the Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office at 630-232-3500 and ask for the Victim’s Rights Unit.

• Victims of domestic violence can get help assistance in obtaining an order of protection from the Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office. Call 630-232-3500 and ask for the Domestic Violence Victim Services Division.

• Assistance is also available through the Community Crisis Center at 847-697-2380 and Mutual Ground at 630-897-0080.

• Assistance and legal advice may also be available to victims through attorneys of Prairie State Legal Services. Call 630-232-9415.

• The Illinois Attorney General’s Office provides information on the Illinois Crime Victim’s Compensation Program.

The program provides financial assistance to eligible victims who have been injured, or the families of those who have been killed, as a result of a criminal act. Crime victims or their families should call 800-228-3368.

Victim and witness brochures are available in the police department lobby, 211 N. Riverside Ave., St. Charles. Call 630-377-4435 or visit for information.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Kane County Chronicle.