AURORA – The Paramount Theatre just announced its full lineup of music acts and comedy stars coming to Aurora for the 2014-15 season.
Donny and Marie, Jerry Lewis, David Sedaris, Penn and Teller, John Lithgow, Jim Brickman, Vicki Lawrence, Under the Streetlamp and Pilobolus – just to name a few – will perform live on the Paramount stage.
The Paramount's 83rd season will kick off from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 22, with its annual Season Kick Off Party in the Paramount's Grand Gallery. Guests to the party will enjoy cuisine prepared by area restaurants, a cash bar and chances to win prizes. Tickets to the pre-show party cost $10. Following the party, the Happy Together Tour will take the stage at 8 p.m. with a 30th anniversary line-up boasting acts such as the Turtles featuring Flo and Eddie; Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night; Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad; Gary Lewis & The Playboys; and Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels. Tickets to the show, cost $59.50.
The list of acts (not including the Broadway series) in chronological order are:
• Matty B: The eleven-year-old rapper, who was named to Billboards' 2013 "21 Under 21" list will recite G-rated, family-friendly lyrics at 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23. Tickets range in price from $21 to $99.
• Donny and Marie: Donny and Marie Osmond will perform in seven consecutive shows. Showtimes are 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 27; 7:30 p.m. Thursday; 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29; 3 and 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 30; 1 and 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 31. Tickets prices range from $69 to $99.
• Penn & Teller: The "Bad Boys of Magic" will bring fire, knives, shop tools and comedy to the Paramount stage at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17. Tickets range in price from $55 to $75.
• John Brickman – Celebrating 20 Years: The adult contemporary artist will celebrate two decades of his musical career, including "Rocket to the Moon," "Valentine" and "If You Believe," at 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18. Tickets cost $55 to $65.
• Home Free: Home Free won NBC-TV's 2013 "The Sing-Off" and will perform pop hits with a country twist in a cappella style at 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 19. Tickets cost $35 to $40.
• Spank! The Fifty Shades Parody: The comedic musical is rated R, and will take place at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 24. Tickets cost $40.
• Jerry Lewis: Academy-Award winner, Nobel Peace Prize nominee and Hollywood icon Jerry Lewis will share stories and rarely seen film clips of some of his greatest moments on screen. There will also be a Q-and-A opportunity with the audience. The show is rated PG-13 and will take place at 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 26. Tickets cost $45 to $65.
• Recycled Percussion: Winners of the 2009 "America's Got Talent" TV show, Recycled Percussion will perform a concert at 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov 1. Tickets cost $35.
• Brooks and Wine: Kix Brooks of country music duo Brooks & Dunn will perform at 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, and host a wine tasting before the show at 6:30 p.m. at the Paramount, where attendees can rub elbows with Brooks' while sampling wine from his winery, Arrington Vineyards. Concert tickets start at $45, and concert tickets must be purchased to be able to purchase a wine-tasting ticket ($20). Only 40 wine-tasting tickets will be sold.
• Under the Streetlamp: The group will perform as part of its "Let the Good Times Roll" tour, which will include singing, dancing and storytelling, at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 9. Tickets start at $45.
• Ballet Folklorico Quetzalcoatl: The Ballet Folklorico Quetzalcoatl will celebrate the rich traditional Mexican folklorico with colorful costumes, music and choreography at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 14. Adult tickets start at $25.
• Chicago Comedy Tour: The comedy tour starring WGN Morning News’ Ana Belaval, Pat Tomasulo and Mike Toomey will take place in the Copley Theatre, 8 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora, at 7 and 9:17 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22. Tickets start at $32.
• The Second City Dysfunctional Holiday Revue: An evening of songs and skits will take place at the Copley Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Thursdays; 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; and 3 p.m. Sundays, beginning Dec. 5 and running through Dec. 21. Tickets cost $35.
• Vicki Lawrence & Mama – A Two Woman Show: Vicki Lawrence takes the stage to share stories from her career, including an insider scoop on her days with "The Carol Burnett Show." She will perform, show behind-the-scenes bloopers and change into her alter ego – Mama – at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 22. Tickets start at $45.
• John Lithgow – Stories by Heart: Featuring the work of P.G. Wodehouse and Ring Lardner, Lithgow, a Tony, Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner; a TV star, movie star and theater star; and a New York Times best-selling author will perform his one-man theatrical memoir at 8 p.m. Saturday, March 7. Tickets cost $45.
• Defending the Caveman: Written by Rob Bekcer, Broadway's comedy about the sexes will run from March 13 to March 29 in the Copley Theatre. Showtimes are 1:30 p.m. Thursdays; 7:30 p.m. Fridays; 4 and 8:30 p.m. Saturdays; and 3 p.m. Sundays. Tickets cost $35.
• An Evening with David Sedaris: Celebrating the release of "Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls," Sedaris – one of America's preeminent humor writers and author of "Me Talk Pretty One Day – will perform at 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 28. Tickets start at $45.
• Pilobolus: The dance group will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday, April 30. Tickets start at $49.
• Menopause the Musical: The musical parody and celebration of women and "the change" will take place May 6 through June 28 in the Copley Theatre.
Current Paramount subscribers get first dibs on tickets and the best seats through Wednesday, June 4. Paramount’s General Season goes on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. Monday, June 9. To become a subscriber or to purchase single tickets to individual shows, call the box office at 630-896-6666, stop by the Paramount Theatre, 23 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora, or visit ParamountAurora.com.