Mostly Cloudy
24°FMostly CloudyFull Forecast

Fire causes $25,000 in damage to Batavia home

Published: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:13 a.m. CST

BATAVIA - A fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to a Batavia home early Tuesday.

Batavia firefighters were called to 812 Carlisle Road at 4:52 a.m. and found a single story wood frame home with fire showing from a front window.

Firefighters had the fire under control at 5:01 a.m., according to a press release from the Batavia Fire Department. A preliminary investigation has revealed that the fire appeared to have started by a faulty wire or electrical component in the breezeway of the home, according to the press release.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Kane County Chronicle.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all Kane County Chronicle instances for analytics purposes.

Police: Search for Campton Hills man continues after incident at Delnor

More videos »