Kane County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A 2002 Volkswagen was reported stolen Friday, May 16, from the 2S100 block of Harter Road in Kaneville. Nothing suspicious was reportedly seen in the area.
• A purse was reported stolen Sunday, May 18, in the 35W700 block of Rose Avenue, St. Charles. The purse contained keys, lip balm, medication, a state ID and a credit card, which was believed to be used to make a $180 purchase online.
• Alfredo Quintero, 37, of the 500 block of Main Street, Batavia, was charged in Aurora Saturday, May 17, with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content greater than 0.08 percent, speeding, driving without a license and squealing or screeching tires.
• Michael G. Ortiz, 57, of the 6N400 block of Barton Drive, St. Charles, was charged Friday, May 16, with driving under the influence of alcohol and disobeying a traffic control device. His pickup truck was reportedly blocking the flow of traffic on Red Gate Road near Randall Road in St. Charles Township.
• Noe Gonzalez Jr., 34, of the 34W600 block of Roosevelt Avenue, St. Charles, was charged Wednesday, May 7, with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and failure to signal when required.
• Michael A. Van Buren, 43, of the 34W500 block of Roosevelt Avenue, St. Charles, was charged Wednesday, May 14, with domestic battery.
• L&M Greenhouses, 4N932 Clesen Drive, St. Charles Township, reported Thursday, May 15, that two vehicles had been broken into overnight, and more than $2,600 in landscaping equipment was stolen. The victim was a business that rents storage space at the property. Costs to repair the vehicles' windows were estimated at a minimum of $150 and $300.