The Kane County Chronicle is amping up its Twitter presence.
Although the Chronicle has been on Twitter using the handles @kcchronicle and @KaneCountyPreps for some time – both accounts amassing nearly 4,000 followers each – individuals on our reporting team have recently created their own accounts as well, and they would love for you to follow them.
Want to follow specific editors and reporters from the Chronicle newsroom? Check out the following handles:
• @AlLagattolla – to follow news editor Al Lagattolla, who also facilitates Elburn, Maple Park, Sugar Grove and Kaneville coverage;
• @KCCFeaturesKara – to follow features editor Kara Silva;
• @KevinDruley – to follow sports reporter Kevin Druley;
• @AshleySloboda – to follow Kane County Board reporter Ashley Sloboda;
• @Charlesreporter – to follow St. Charles reporter Charles Menchaca
• @BrendaSchory – to follow Geneva reporter Brenda Schory;
• @EricSReporter – to follow Batavia/North Aurora reporter Eric Schlekopf;
• @KCC_KathyGresey – to follow me.
Our news team will be tweeting about local events and breaking news, in addition to retweeting posts from local individuals, organizations and businesses. Of course, every now and again, we’ll also share some details about what’s happening in the Chronicle newsroom and our own personal lives.
Are you a local group or business seeking more followers on Twitter? Follow me on Twitter and I’ll look to follow you back. You also can shoot me an email with your Twitter handle using the email address below.
Not on Twitter but looking to join? You can learn more about the social media tool at https://about.twitter.com.
• Kathy Gresey is editor of the Kane County Chronicle and president of the Northern Illinois Newspaper Association Board. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-845-5368. Learn more about NINA at http://ninaonline.org.