1. Geneva Arts Fair WHEN: 10 a.m. Saturday, July 26, and Sunday, July 27WHERE: Third and State streets in downtown GenevaCOST/INFO: The Geneva Arts Fair will transform downtown Geneva into a venue for more than 150 artists who will showcase various artistic mediums, such as drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, glass, textiles and jewelry. The juried show was voted a "Top 200 Fine Craft Fair" by Art Fair SourceBook, states a news release. The event also will include a children’s art area with special activities. Admission is free.
2. Sugar Grove Corn Boil WHEN: 4 to 11 p.m. Friday, July 25; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, July 26; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, July 27WHERE: 61 Main St. in Sugar GroveCOST/INFO: The annual Sugar Grove Corn Boil will feature a carnival, parade, arts and crafts booths, food vendors, beer and mixed drink tents, live music, a cooking challenge, bingo, a 5K run/walk and fireworks. For more information and a downloadable schedule of events, visit www.sugargrovecornboil.org.
3. Kane County Cougars Super Hero Night WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Friday, July 25WHERE: Fifth Third Bank Ballpark, 34W002 Cherry Lane, GenevaCOST/INFO: The Kane County Cougars will host Super Hero Night during the game against the South Bend Silver Hawks. Events will include a pregame parade and a salute to real life local heroes. Hero/villain themed fireworks are scheduled for after the game. Tickets start at $11 and $9 for the lawn. For more information, visit www.kccougars.com.
4. Kuipers Family Farm Orchard Ale Fest WHEN: 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, July 26WHERE: Kuipers Family Farm, 1N318 Watson Road, Maple ParkCOST/INFO: Kuipers Family Farm has planned the Orchard Ale Fest event, where attendees can learn about the origins and characteristics of each craft beer from brewery representatives. Billy Croft and The 5 Alarm will perform. The Country Store and Catering from DeKalb will offer summer barbecue. A general admission ticket costs $40 online or $45 at the gate and includes 15 sampler tickets, an Ale Fest guide and commemorative glass. A VIP admission ticket is $55 and includes one hour early admission, 20 sampler tickets, guide and glass, plus a private tasting of limited edition craft beers. A designated driver admission ticket is $15 and includes complimentary soda and water, guide and glass. Visitors must be 21 years old to enter and present a valid government-issued ID. For tickets and information, visit www.kuipersfamilyfarm.com or call 815-827-5200. The event will take place rain or shine.
5. The Chris Walk Night Out Against Substance AbuseWHEN: 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, July 26WHERE: The Gunnar Anderson Forest Preserve at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia Ave., GenevaCOST/INFO: The Chris Walk Night Out Against Substance Abuse is an event to advocate for – and be in support of – those battling addiction and their families, in remembrance of Christopher Foley, who died of a heroin overdose. The event will include a 5K run/walk ($25), one-hour zumba class ($15), vendor fair, DJ, hot dogs, Good Humor ice cream and more. To register for the 5K and zumba class, visit www.chriswalk.net.