Heartland Blood Centers, which serves 57 hospitals in a 12-county region in Illinois and Indiana, is asking all healthy individuals to give blood in August.
The following blood drives are scheduled in Batavia, St. Charles and Sugar Grove:
• 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, at Holy Cross Church, 2300 W. Main St., Batavia;
• 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, at Batavia United Methodist Church, 8 N. Batavia Ave., Batavia.
• 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 23, at Hosanna Lutheran Church, 36W925 Red Gate Road, St. Charles;
• Noon to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 27, at the Public Works Facility, 1405 S. Seventh Ave., St. Charles;
• 2 to 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, at St. Katharine Drexel Catholic Church, 8S055 Dugan Road, Sugar Grove.
Donors will get a $5 Subway gift card when they donate at any Heartland Blood Centers mobile or center location in August. Some sites might have an alternative gift. Donors must be at least 17, or 16 with written parental permission; weigh at least 110 pounds; be symptom-free of cold, flu and allergies; and in general good health. Visit www.heartlandbc.org for a list of locations.