BATAVIA – The Batavia Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for its annual Batavia Citizen of the Year award.
The award honors extraordinary contributions to the community over the course of the recipient’s lifetime, according to a news release. Nominees must reside or have their business in Batavia or Batavia Township. Other requirements include:
• The nominee must have assisted in an improvement or program of significant value to the Batavia community.
• The improvement must be made because of a personal commitment and not substantially because of their primary employment or public responsibilities.
• The nominee cannot currently be on the Batavia Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors.
• The nominee does not need to be a member of the Batavia Chamber of Commerce.
• The contributions of the nominee to the community should be of an extraordinary nature.
The Batavia Citizen of the Year will be presented at Batavia Chamber of Commerce’s annual recognition event. The Inspire 2015 awards recognition will be on Jan. 30 at The Holmstad, 700 W. Fabyan Parkway in Batavia.
To nominate a deserving person, a letter of recommendation must be submitted to the Batavia Chamber of Commerce no later than Dec. 1 stating the reasons why the nominee is worthy of this honor. A committee of previous recipients of the award will select the Batavia Citizen of the Year based upon the letters of recommendation received.
Information is available by contacting Batavia Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Holly Deitchman by email at email@example.com or by calling 630-879-7134.