Working over summer
Why does Geneva School District 304 value the lives of teachers and office personnel more than the custodians? It seems that they do. The custodians had to work this summer in very, very hot circumstances ... . [During summer, custodians often] finish floors, scrub carpets, clean toilets, clean out lockers – all of the things I don’t think that teachers or the office people would really like to do, and – if they would – they should have come in and helped ’em. But I don’t think that they would like to do that in over 90 heat. I think not.
How to Sound Off
Want to contribute to Sound Off? The Kane County Chronicle’s Sound Off number is 630-845-5240.
• Speak clearly and slowly. Keep messages to a maximum of 60 seconds.
• Callers may speak on topics anonymously.
• Because of the volume of calls to our Sound Off line, please limit yourself to one call a week.
• We will not print attacks of a personal nature or those accusing persons of crimes or illegal conduct that have not been previously published or documented.
• We will not print calls commenting on signed letters to the editor.
• We reserve the right to edit comments for obscene, libelous and otherwise inappropriate comments, as well as for space considerations.
Sound Off comments are the opinions of our readers and, as such, should not be taken as fact.