To the editor:
At a recent dinner at Schmidt’s Towne Tap in Elburn our family was faced with a horrifying event.
Just as we were completing our meal and preparing to pay our check, our sister collapsed to the floor without warning. Luckily, there were a couple of Elburn paramedics dining in the restaurant at the time and quickly came to our aid.
They assessed the situation and immediately began CPR, actions that we know saved our sister’s life. We wish to sincerely thank Nancy Faber, Sue Lencioni, Deb Raymond and Doug Keifer for their quick and professional actions.
We were extremely lucky that they were in the restaurant at the time. And we are grateful to the other Elburn emergency personnel who responded and saw to it that our sister was given all the professional help necessary.
She is now expected to have a full recovery. We are lucky to live in such a wonderful community with dedicated first responders.
The McCauley and Smith families