[Shaw Media file photo]
10. Lake Zurich (1-1, 7): Ran into a buzzsaw against Nazareth, but odds are very much with the Bears ability to right the ship. Next up: vs. Zion-Benton.
9. Stevenson (2-0, 10): The Patriots collected another solid nonconference win by toppling a good Neuqua Valley squad. Next up: at Libertyville.
8. Brother Rice (2-0, 11): Put up a big number on Crete-Monee, this is a dangerous team right now that is brimming with confidence. Next up: vs. Fenwick.
7. Homewood-Flossmoor (2-0, 8): The Vikings closed out the out-of-state portion of their schedule with a hard-fought win over Lutheran North (Mo.) Next up: vs. Stagg.
6. Maine South (2-0, 6): The Hawks maneuvered nicely through the first two steps of a difficult nonconference schedule, can they make it 3-for-3? Next up: vs. No. 15 Barrington.
5. Batavia (2-0, 5): Offense appears to be rounding into form and defense will almost certainly catch up in the very near future. Next up: vs. Lake Park.