ELBURN – Two people who were found dead in a home in the 500 block of S. Main Street on Sept. 15, appear to have died by natural causes, according to a release from the Elburn Police Department.
While police still are waiting on the final results and toxicology reports, he preliminary results of the autopsies indicate that both victims died of cardiac incidents. It also appears the deaths occurred within a short time of each other, police said.
Police were called at approximately 3:43 p.m. to the residence for the purposes of a well-being check, when they noticed, through a window, one person lying on the floor of the lower level. Officers forced entry to the secured home, where a second person also was found. Police called for EMS and Fire personnel to be dispatched, and it was confirmed both subjects, Herman Beyer, 78 and Elaine Beyer, 74, were deceased.
It had been determined earlier that carbon monoxide inhalation was not the cause of death, according to The Elburn & Countryside Fire Protection District.