Kane County Sheriff’S OFFICE
• Mark J. Harley, 42, of the 2N100 block of Harley Road, Campton Township, was charged Oct. 20 with domestic battery.
• Electric drills and saws valued at $1,440 were reported stolen Oct. 13 from a work van parked in the 1100 block of South Batavia Avenue, Batavia Township.
• Steven D. Sears, 20, of the 300 block of Kansas Street, Elburn, was charged Oct. 19 with two counts of domestic battery.
• Three custom-painted concrete fox statues valued at $1,500 were reported stolen Oct. 17 from the front of a house in the 38W100 block of Henricksen Road, St. Charles Township. The statues were stolen during an estate sale, reports stated. The statues were stamped “Pride of the Fox” and “Johnson Statuary” on the sides, reports stated.
• A carpet cleaner valued at $1,862 was reported stolen Oct. 17 from a house under construction in the 6N200 block of West Ridgewood Lane, St. Charles Township.
• A resident of the 6N900 block of Tuscola Avenue, St. Charles Township, reported Oct. 17 that he had been the victim of a deceptive practice. The victim advertised a vehicle for sale on Craigslist and a prospective buyer sent a check for $2,390, asking him to send the additional $900 to a friend who would arrange a tow to have the car picked up, the report stated. The victim did so, but was later advised that the check was a fraud.
• A man’s Rolex watch valued at $15,900 was reported stolen Oct. 18 from a house in the 38W500 block of North Lakeview Circle, St. Charles Township. Also taken were a St. Francis High School ring with a garnet stone, a St. Marie High School gold ring with a black stone and a gold ring with three tiny diamonds and two pearls, reports stated.