Seven big names in rock are coming to RiverEdge Park to play a Kings of Chaos concert at 8 p.m. June 22 as part of the venue’s summertime lineup in Aurora.
Appearing will be Lou Gramm, original member of Foreigner; Dee Snider of Twisted Sister; Sebastian Bach, former member of Skid Row; Warren DeMartini of Ratt; Gilby Clarke, formerly of Guns N’ Roses; James LoMenzo of White Lion and Megadeth; and Kenny Aronoff, who’s played with John Fogerty, Chickenfoot and John Mellencamp.
Kings of Chaos features an always-revolving roster of stars, playing their biggest hits and classic covers together, a news release stated.
Also on tap this summer will be Poi Dog Pondering, the Chicago band that has sold out every show it has played at Paramount Theatre, now making its outdoor debut at 8 p.m. Aug. 24.
Tickets to Poi Dog Pondering cost $30 through May 31, and $40 starting June 1.
Tickets are available online only at RiverEdgeAurora.com until 10 a.m. March 12, when they also can be purchased by phone at 630-896-6666 or in person at RiverEdge’s satellite box office, Paramount Theatre, 23 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora, open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Tickets already are on sale for the following summer concerts:
• Brian Wilson, founding member of The Beach Boys, presents “Pet Sounds – The Final Performances” with special guests Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin, June 23
• Dark Star Orchestra, July 5
• Downtown Alive!, American English, July 12
• Tedeschi Trucks Band’s Wheels of Soul tour with special guests Blackberry Smoke and Shovels & Rope, July 21
• The Mavericks with special guest Los Lobos, July 26
• Downtown Alive!, Hollywood Nights – A Bob Seger Experience, Aug. 9
General admission guests are encouraged to bring folding or bag chairs or ground blankets. Concessions include a diverse menu and bar with domestic and craft beers, wine, sodas and bottled water.
Events at RiverEdge Park on the banks of the Fox River take place rain or shine, unless conditions endanger safety.
If you go
WHAT: Kings of Chaos
WHEN: 8 p.m. June 22; gates open at 6 p.m.
WHERE: RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway St. (Route 25), Aurora
COST & INFO: $30 for general admission or $35 to $55 for reserved seating; RiverEdgeAurora.com, 630-896-6666