ST. CHARLES – Students at Wredling Middle School were dismissed at 1:15 p.m. today following a small fire in the 8th grade boys bathroom at the school at approximately 11:15 a.m.
No one was injured in the fire. According to a post on the school's Facebook page, the fire caused smoke damage to student portions of Wredling Middle School. Because of smoke in the academic end of the building, the school decided to dismiss students at 1:15 p.m.
Students were not be able to access their lockers to retrieve lunches or personal items. All students had the opportunity to eat lunch in the cafeteria before dismissal.
"We are working with the fire department and our safety company to determine whether or not we can allow students in tomorrow or Sunday to pick up their materials," the post stated.